Friday, April 13, 2012

All this bad food in my house!! AHHHHH!!!!

I hate grocery shopping... period. I feel I do not have self control to say no to deliciously bad foods like Totinos pizzas, bacon, and cookie dough ice cream. I think Dieting is the most difficult thing I have ever done. Zeke is not really all in for a "diet" and so I told him at the grocery store to get what he wants but only enough for him because I wont be eating it. Of course he picks out all the very yummy, fattening, bad for you foods that I cannot have, and what I cannot have I want most of all.

I have tried a very, very low fat diet while doing the P90x workout but with low fat and low calories I did not have the energy to complete the workouts. I think if I would have stuck with it I would have liked the results and I think if anyone is hard core enough the P90x workout is awesome and I hope to try it again only when I find the right diet to combine with it. I am currently trying the HGC diet because I keep hearing these "miracle stories" about it, including a co-worker who lost 25lbs in two weeks! I know I'm not "fat" but I am not in shape, skinny, or where I want to be. I currently weigh the more than I ever have in my life and this is discouraging to my self-esteem. I am only on day 5 of the HCG diet and it is the most difficult thing I have ever done. I think without the daily vitamins I am taking I would not get past day 3.

Here is what the HCG diet is all about:
Phase 1(2 days): Gorging phase- while taking HCG before lunch and before dinner (so 2x daily) eat EVERYTHING! Sounds crazy but this is supposed to build fat. But I already have fat, is this not why I am doing this in the first place? Well you need calories and fat to burn so that way it is not a shock to your body going into phase 2.

Phase 2 (no more than 3 weeks, stop at desired weight): 500 calories a day-
Breakfast- tea, coffee, water, mineral water. No sugar except for Stevia. Only one tablespoon of milk allowed in 24hrs.
Lunch- 100 grams of chicken breast, grass fed beef, shrimp, white fish, lobster, or crab. All visible meat to be removed. Weighed raw. 1 Melba toast. 2 cups vegetables spinach, chicory, beet greens, green salad, tomatoes, celery, fennel, onions, red radishes, cucumbers, asparagus, cabbage ONLY. 1 apple, orange, or handful of strawberries. Melba toast or apple can be snacks instead of with the meal.
Dinner- same as lunch, advised different meat and veggie.

Light exercise to no exercise. This is a very low calorie diet and the HCG is used to trick your brain to use fat stored in your body to gain extra calories for daily activities instead of muscle. Do Not exceed 3 weeks. When desired weight is reached or 3 weeks have passed slowly add more calories to diet, first 1,000 then 1,500, then 2,000. If more weight loss is desired take 3 week break than start diet again.

This is intense! And again I am only on day 5, or day 3 of 500 calories. When I purchased HCG at GNC I was advised to purchase a daily multivitamin because of the lack of energy and essential vitamins and nutrients from the diet. I purchased a months supply of multivitamin packs that consist of 7 different pills including a caffeine pill. Besides this pack I take everyday I include vitamin D because although the winter is almost done in Alaska we were without sun for a few months and therefore it is not uncommon to not get enough vitamin D. This alone can give me some energy, unless I am active at work, which I am. My job is a somewhat outside job and I walk a lot. when burning 1/4 at least of my daily calorie intake you can imagine how tired I feel. It is not the meals, its not hunger, it is the lack of energy that is getting to me. In fact I do not get hungry at all on this diet! Sometimes I feel full by the time I eat half my veggies. I also have, just in case, appetite control but I have not had to use them. This is a tough diet and I have already told myself that if I do not see results by the end of week one I will try something else. I have, as of last night, lost 3 pounds. My goal is to reach my desired weight then start a higher calorie diet and start an exercise routine to tone and get back into shape. I am not looking to loose a ton of weight and I know I will probably gain it back in muscle and that is what I want.

I have already done some digging on my next diet and I have found the blog to use. http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/. There are so many healthy, low fat recipes on this blog that look so delicious I think this one will be easier to maintain. I also hope to get Zeke into the diet as well. My current motivation is a lean body, healthy lifestyle, and increase energy.

I know I do not blog a lot and since I started spring classes it has been increasingly difficult to blog. I do believe however, that I have a new blogging adventure in searching and sharing healthy living tips and recipes. I want to be able to look back at this blog and see what I have accomplished and use it as motivation to continue.

I eat a lot out of boredom and that is how you gain weight so my first tip:

Eat with your non-dominant hand only! This odd motion will stop bored eating.
OR
Do something that requires both hands or gets you moving when you find yourself looking for an unhealthy snack. Like household chores, crafts, walking the dog, reorganize the closet, yard work, etc. 

Water is your friend, first step to healthier living is to eliminate sugary drinks!

3 comments:

  1. I just now realized after I published this post, it is Friday the 13th!!!! Watch out for black cats and sidewalk cracks! And all that other stuff that is scary and unlucky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. miss you bestie.

    That diet sounds intense! Try and stick too it, I know it's hard when Zeck is getting to have all the fun and eat all the chocolaty goodness. No Fair! but maybe you'll be an example to him and he'll step up too. Can't wait to see your progress, you should take photos too, then you can really see progress ya know. In a few months you can look back on them.

    I'm trying to tone up too, I miss freshman year when we had our rigid work out routine. It was so much easier when we were forced to do it. lol seriously though, I remember the days we would add so much time to our walks because we had to find routes that didn't involve stairs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I mean Zeke, idk why I always spell his name wrong. lol!

    ReplyDelete